Microneedling (CIT) and PRP Post Treatment Instructions
This page contains post-treatment details specific to microneedling, CIT, and PRP treatments available at Peach Skin Clinic. This page is not meant to diagnose or recommend. If you have any questions, please contact us at one our facilities.
Microneedling Post Treatment Instructions Expectations
Here is a brief list if changes and improvements you can expect to see:
- First 24 hours Erythema and mild swelling subsidies
- Days 2 – 7 Increase exfoliation, skin flaking, and dryness
- 1 week Improvement in texture and tone beings
- 3 weeks Improvement in pigmentation begins
- 6 weeks Improvement in fine lines, wrinkles, and scars begins
Results vary, but usually a course of 2-6 treatments is typically recommended. If you require more treatments than this, you may have an unrecognized medical condition. Of course, results may vary from patient to patient. Keep in mind that the healthier your body is the better will be the results you achieve from a CIT and PRP treatment. Your body's function and overall health are reflected in your skin.
After arriving home following your CIT or PRP treatment, you will be glad to know that you can resume most of your normal activities. You will look as if you have a mild sunburn. The following are a few precautions that we recommend.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 48 hours. Sun exposure is not recommended for at least 12 hours after the procedure. Your skin will be very sensitive to the effects of sun and ultraviolet light. Should you choose to be in the sun, please use a sunscreen of at least SPF 25 or above.
- Use tepid water and natural soap to cleanser your face for the next 48 hours, drying gently, making sure hands are clean.
- Please do not scrub your skin or use any exfoliating or glycolic acid containing cleansers.
- Avoid make up for at least 12 hours.
- Apply a moisturizing cream to the treated areas for 3-5 days in the morning and at night beginning 12 hours after the procedure.
- Please choose a cream without toxic ingredients such as parabens, petro chemicals, preservatives, or harsh chemicals.
- Recommended anti-aging skincare regimen may be resumes when erythema completely subsides, usually within 2 days. In some cases, the erythema may last up to 4-5 days.