Advanced M22: Spider Vein Pre Treatment Instructions
This page contains post-treatment details specific to the M22 laser available at Peach Skin Clinic. This page is not meant to diagnose or recommend. If you have any questions, please contact us at one our facilities.
Pre Treatment Instructions for spider vein treatment
- Do not take Aspirin or other blood thinning drugs (e.g. Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba), ibuprofen, or other non-steroidal inflammatory drugs (e.g., arthritis medicine) for 1 week before and 1 week after your treatment because these medications can increase bleeding and bruising.
- We recommend not to drink alcoholic beverages and not to smoke for 2 days before and 2 days after your treatment because drinking alcohol thins blood and smoking slows or impairs bleeding.
- Do not apply any cream, lotion, oil, or self tanners to your legs the night before or the day of your treatment.
- Eat a light meal or snack 1.5 hours before your appointment.
- Bring loose fitting shorts or leotard to wear during the treatment and a long skirt or long loose fitting slacks to wear after treatment.
- It is advised when having reticular Veins treated to you postpone flying for 48 hours.
- If you develop fever or other illness before your appointment you must reschedule.
Questions & Answers
Do you have a question about your upcoming appointment or about this procedure? You can post in the section below and our patient educators will respond.